Dell Product Manager in Austin, Texas
IT Program Management Senior Advisor
At Dell Technologies, we need strong leaders on our IT Program Management team to drive IT project, program, and portfolio activity across all IT and business segments. As part of this team, you will manage resources to make sure projects are completed on time, on budget and up to our high-quality standards.
Join us as a Senior Advisor on our Information Technology team in Round Rock, Texas to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you'll achieve:
Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities. Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Manager by providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project. You will collaborate with stakeholders and Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value ROI to define features and requirements and incorporate feature requests into product roadmaps.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
• As a Sr. Product Manager, you are a member of the Product team and will be contributing to product definition, roadmap, and direction of Cloud experience.
• You will be contributing to customer and market research that the team will use to define the strategy for your area of responsibility and present that strategy to internal stakeholders and customers.
• Producing a clear MVP definition and roadmap for your area of responsibility and working collaboratively with design and engineering to execute on it through proper prioritization.
• You will work to bring the customer and their needs closer to the development team through research, customer engagements and involving customers in the incremental progress of the development team.
• Partnering with users, customers, and account teams to facilitate successful customer proof of concept deployments.
• Experience in playing the Product Manager role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• 5+ years of experience writing requirements as a Product Owner, Business Systems Analyst, or Product Manager for at least five years
Able to breakdown large problems into smaller and simpler solutions
• Obsess with customers, users and their needs
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Experience working with and understanding the needs of enterprise developers, application and platform teams.
• Experience understanding shifting application patterns (VMs to containers to functions)
• Understanding of agile software development methodologies and tools.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 8 to 12 years of related experience
• Solid grasp of IT project management principles and techniques
• Demonstrable ability to lead the change in project/program/scope and engage with team members
• Outstanding communication and influencing skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proven working experience in project management
• Ability to collaborate with diverse project teams across the globe
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .