Dell Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer in Round Rock, Texas
Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
Join us as a Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer on our Device Engineering team in Round Rock, Texas to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer, you will:
• Lead an engineering Project Delivery Team to integrate server networking and accelerator products, firmware, drivers and supporting software into Dell EMC Servers platforms
• Work effectively as a member of a cross-functional core team
• Lead cross-functional engineering team engagements to deliver complete products into the Dell EMC business
• Collaborate with the architecture/requirements definition teams to define project scope and provide input to product roadmaps
• Work closely with industry-leading technology partners to define, plan, and execute projects
• Communicate requirements to technology and ODM partners and work closely with those partners to develop, test, debug and integrate server networking products into Dell EMC servers
• Characterize and debug complex issues reported from internal validation teams and from sightings from the field to find root cause and identify resolutions together with technology partners and internal teams
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Undergraduate degree and 10-12+ years of relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8+ years of relevant experience including 5-7 years of experience in a systems development environment or equivalent experience.
• Working experience with networking and communications technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, NC-SI, Fibre Channel, FCOE, iSCSI, and InfiniBand
• Working experience with accelerator technologies such as GPGPU, FPGA, SmartNIC as well as benchmarks and AI/ML workloads.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a cross-functional engineering team to deliver projects, including working with other business functions to define scope, plan, budget and manage risk
• Proficiency in working with third-party technical partners or geographically dispersed engineering team members to develop electronic assemblies and solve problems and performing/guiding root cause analysis with minimal guidance
• Strong communication, influence, and prioritization skills. Ability to communicate (verbal and written) plans, status, and issue details. Ability to read, understand and apply technical specifications and standards
• Server, Storage, or client computer system development experience
• Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux accelerator, network and/or storage driver architecture and implementation; UEFI and Virtualized OS knowledge
• A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .