Dell VxRail - Senior Engineer in Shanghai, China
About Dell :
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Have you considered your next career move?
The Internal Dell talent gateway is a portal that allows you to search for and submit your resume to current Dell job openings. Before submitting your resume to a specific position, please make sure to read the job description carefully to ensure that you meet any skills or education requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
• Provides technical consultation to customers and assists them to get all preparation work done for the scheduled change.
• Works with scheduling team to fulfill customer’s expectation.
• Goes through change control process to ensure customer’s environment won’t be exposed to any risk.
• Performs scheduled tasks via remote connections and provides regular updates to customer.
• Follows troubleshooting steps and/or escalates to next level in case any issues occur during the scheduled task.
• Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness, and gives feedback to the authors.
• Acts as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team.
• Participates in and possibly leads conference calls with customers. Knows their audience and articulate accordingly.
• Participates in eServices content creation (self-service) and maintenance such as Chat, Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.; regularly submits content to the knowledge database.
• Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed.
• Takes escalations from junior team members to resolve more complex issues.
• Manages own cases. Ensures SLO and all other compliance requirements are met.
• As a 24X7X365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required.
• Works toward becoming subject matter expert in a particular area or areas.
• Mentors and/or coaches less experienced TSEs. Helps develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs.
• Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments.
• Systematically gathers relevant information and analyzes a broad range of factors while working to diagnose and resolve issues.
• Determines which tool(s) to use to resolve issues including running tests and be able to identify when deviation from the available troubleshooting tools and documents is appropriate.
• Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment.
• Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style that ensures proper and consistent documentation in service request case notes; assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status.
• Contributes and develops knowledge-based articles; may perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills; prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions.
• Proficient in VMware virtualization technology, be familiar with vSphere suite (ESXi, vcenter, vRA etc).
• Knowledge in Linux administration and management
• Knowledge in TCP/IP networking and IP switches
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Customer Service skill.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Customer focused.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Understanding of DellEMC's products and their value added to the customers
• Knowledge with web services, REST API and VMware Vsphere API
• Storage experience is a plus
• Knowledge about networking virtualization (e.g. VMware NSX).
• Knowledgeable about x86 server
• Knowledge about SAN management & switches
• Knowledge about HDFS &Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Education Required: Bachelors (Technical)
Experience Required: 6+ years relevant experience
Individual Contributor I7