Dell Consultant, Product Marketing in Tokyo, Japan
Job Description: SDS CoC Consultant
• Applies broad knowledge of company’s service capabilities and competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging service opportunities.
• Evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case for optimization of existing offers / solutions alternatives and/or to create the next generation of new offers.
• Oversees and drives products/ solutions through the phase release or solutions release process including business case and resource requirements.
• Manages product portfolio roadmap and works to scope opportunities and drive the regional inputs for new programs.
• Creates, implements and monitors plans for testing offer solutions through beta releases or pilot programs.
• Ensures that product/solution features and specifications reflect customer requirements.
• Works across all functional areas, gathering inputs, updating product plans and roadmaps, and communicating the impact of product/ solution decisions to all stakeholders.
• Works extensively with Product Marketing to build product/ solutions marketing plans and drive them through the organization.
• Collaborates with other Product Managers, BU Leaders and Engineering/ R&D leaders to align product strategies into comprehensive portfolios for the BU
• Reviews product/ solution evaluation metrics from multiple sources and ensures they are incorporated in future versions.
• Be a subject matter expert for Japan sales and provide L2 level support to queries.
• Engage with the Global & Regional CoC & PG teams to ensure consistency and alignment on offers.
• Be the CoC Spokesperson with the Japan BU teams.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Leads market research projects, analyzes trends and creates recommendations based on data.
• Develops press review guides as well as presentations and conducts lead press tours for new product launches. Leads and drives development, product management and sales to manage product life cycle.
• Manages product launches, core positioning and messaging, sales training and marketing programs for assigned products
• Responsibilities include assessing market requirements, investigating new technologies, developing recommendations for technical product direction, establishing plans as well as strategies and roadmap plan-of-records
• Guides product introductions and product updates
• Graduate: Masters in Business would be preferred.
• Years of Experience 10+ of which 3 should be in Product management
• Strategic Focus
• Strong ability to influence others
• Product level market and technical expertise
• Proficient in Technical Illustration, Advanced technical writing skills.
• Understanding of products and their value added to the customer. Advanced ability to influence others to achieve results
• Advanced ability to work effectively with senior management
• Good understanding of the competition
• Problem solving skills